Digital Associates Ltd is a pan-African law firm, comprising of internationally qualified and multi-lingual lawyers, having strong links to African countries such as Mauritius, Nigeria, South Africa and Botswana amongst others.
Digital Associates Ltd offers a full range of cross-border services to high-net-worth individuals, corporations, investment funds, governments and international organisations.
Digital Associates Ltd, as its name suggests, has special expertise in technology related matters. Technological change is happening at an ever-increasing rate and this is impacting the way in which financial and other services are structured, delivered and used. The regulatory landscape is trying to catch up with new international financial regulatory requirements. KYC/AML/CFT requirements are also being changed/reviewed to match this changed environment. The increase in spending on technology worldwide and more trust in the market has led to an eruption in FinTech investments. Disruptive innovation is occurring across the industry, in such areas as payments and billing technology, trading and clearing, lending, financial information services, retail and consumer banking, insurance, money transfer and remittance, blockchain, artificial intelligence and robotics technology, banking infrastructure, wealth management, security and investor protection, institutional investment tools, digital currencies, crowdfunding and investment platforms.
Digital Associates Ltd has been set up, in particular, to meet the demands of this changing ecosystem with the ambition of being a disruptive law firm. The traditional set up of law firms (namely of billing hourly rate and often resulting prohibitive costs) makes law firms be seen as a necessary evil as opposed to indispensable pro-active partners.
We, at Digital Associates Ltd, believe we can do things differently. We offer innovative, cost appropriate and specialist solutions to our clients.
FinTech / RegTech / Tech
- AML / CFT advice and services
- Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain / Distributed Ledger Technology
- Cryptocurrencies / Digital Assets
- Data Privacy
- Data management and protection (including through custody and escrow services)
- Digital processes, products, platforms, currencies and services
- Innovative and traditional forms of payment services, trading, lending and alternative finance
- Intellectual Property – Licensing, Patenting and Protection
- Investments, including venture capital, equity capital market fundraising, private equity and debt finance
- M&A, dispositions, joint ventures, outsourcing and other alliances
- Offerings and Exits (ITOs (Initial Token Offerings), STOs (Security Token Offerings, etc.))
- Payment services
- Regulatory Compliance and Advisory, including RegTech
- Smart Contracts
- Strategic Litigation and Dispute Resolution on FinTech matters
- Cross-border Corporate Advisory
- Cross-jurisdictional Debt Recovery or contract enforcement
- Commercial Litigation / Arbitration
- Competition Law
- Corporate and M&A
- Domestic and International Tax
- Enhanced Due Diligence / Key Persons
- Employment Law
- International Criminal Law
- Private Equity
- Regulatory / Compliance