PRESS RELEASE: GMEX Group launches Regulated Digital Investment Fund
Providing access to tokenised Digital FinTech and Digital Green Finance opportunities
Seychelles, London, Shanghai, 13th November 2019: GMEX Group (GMEX), a leader in digital business technology solutions for capital markets, in collaboration with Digital Partners Network (DPN), a group of professional services firms meeting the demands for digital business enablement, is pleased to announce the launch of the Digital Investment Fund PCC (DIF).
DIF is a Professional Fund registered in the Seychelles, approved and regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (FSA). As the first ever tokenised hybrid fund, which is regulated, it bridges the gap between the conventional and digital investment worlds.
DIF has been set up as a Protected Cell Company (PCC), with initially three cells:
- Digital FinTech Fund (DFF) – A digital technology incubation/ early stage investment fund supporting global FinTech blockchain and Artificial Intelligence (AI) businesses with a worldwide target market and audience.
- Digital Green Finance Equity Fund (DGFEF) & Digital Green Finance Debt Fund (DGFDF) – Supporting global green finance initiatives. The sustainability platform will aim to consolidate small and medium scale projects in Africa with a core focus on water, energy, waste and green technology.
DIF has the facets of a traditional fund structure combined with the ability to tokenise the whole fund, any individual cell or any component. As a regulated investment fund it provides Professional Investors; including High Net Worth Individuals, Institutions and Corporates, with the same rights as conventional funds.
Hirander Misra, CEO of GMEX Group and Director of Digital Investment Fund PCC, commented “DIF represents a new way to invest in high potential firms and projects, providing a new set of tools to access tokenised digital assets in a more secure and regulated way.” He added, “Working with the Digital Partners Network, to bring DIF to the investment community, is the next phase of the GMEX strategy to deliver our hybrid conventional and digital model to the creation and trading of FinTech and Green funds.”
Dr. Steve Fanny, CEO of the Seychelles Financial Services Authority, commented “We are pleased that DIF has chosen to set up based upon the prevailing laws of Seychelles and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.”
Jessica T.Naga, Partner of DPN and Managing Director of Digital Associates Ltd, said “DIF, as a new-generation professional fund, provides the benefits of digital assets backed by conventional assets with regulatory oversight and a familiar fund structure.” She added, “We are pleased to be a part of bringing these innovative fund opportunities to the market and excited about discussing them this week at the China Offshore Summit in Shanghai.”
Digital Associates (DAL), a legal firm focussed on the digital economy, which is part of DPN, has led the structuring of DIF, including its conventional and tokenised structure backed by real assets and licence approval.
For more information about DIF, please visit the website to view the FAQs and a short video: www.digitalpartnersnetwork.com/fund.
*** END ***
GMEX Group & DPN
The Realization Group
Tel: +44 (0)7974 937 970
About GMEX Group
GMEX Group is a set of companies that offer leading edge innovative solutions for a new era of global financial markets by being a global provider of innovative multi-asset exchange trading and post trade business solutions and technology ecosystems.
Our key business solutions enable the creation and operation of cost effective electronic exchanges and post trade infrastructure in multiple asset classes including equities, debt, FX, derivatives, commodities, cryptocurrencies and digital tokenised assets.
We operate in both developing and developed markets through the establishment of cohesive business and technology ecosystems. GMEX offers the added benefit of interconnection to multiple partner exchanges, to create global networks of liquidity.
The GMEX Market Advancement Programme (MAP) is all about partnerships and creating an ecosystem with exchanges and post trade market infrastructure operators to deliver centralised, decentralised & hybrid solutions in a collaborative fashion.
GMEX Group is comprised of four main businesses:
- GMEX Technologies is a provider of multi-asset traditional and digital exchange trading and post trade technology through a unique partnership driven approach
- GMEX Innovation conducts R&D of technologically advanced new product solutions for exchange trading, clearing and settlement including hybrid and DLT Blockchain solutions delivered by GMEX Technologies as GMEX Fusion
- GMEX Services provides strategic consultancy, implementing services & support for exchanges and market infrastructure providers across asset classes including digital tokenised assets
- GMEX Investments makes selective seed and early stage strategic equity and token investments into market infrastructure and related FinTech companies
For more information visit www.gmex-group.com
or follow us on Twitter @GMEX_Group
About Digital Partners Network
Digital Partners Network (DPN) provides tailored professional services to meet the demands of disruptive businesses, which focus on automation, digitalisation, use of artificial intelligence (AI) and Blockchain technology.
These include specialist legal, finance, compliance, corporate structuring, finance, strategic consulting, technology-enabled digital transformation and potential investment through a digital fund.
DPN consists of 4 major partners:
- Digital Associates Ltd – a Mauritian based law firm providing cross border legal services.
- Digital Corporate Partners Ltd – providing corporate structuring advice, in partnership with licensed entities such as Management Companies/ Corporate Service Providers in multiple jurisdictions
- Digital Finance LLP – providing accounting, finance, strategic advisory and digital transformation services.
- Digital Investment Fund PCC – providing equity investment into leading-edge FinTech firms and Green Finance (equity and debt) investments.
For more information, please visit: www.digitalpartnersnetwork.com
or follow us on Twitter @DigitalPn
This press release has been prepared solely for informational purposes.
This press release does not constitute a recommendation or advice and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy Shares or Tokens in any country, state or other jurisdiction where the offer or sale thereof would be prohibited, for whatever reason, or to any firm or individual who is not a Professional Investor.
DIF makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of this press release and neither DIF, its officers, its directors nor its employees shall have any liability for any representations (expressed or implied) or omission regarding information contained therein.