VIDEO: Introducing the concept of Exchange 4.0
A growing number of exchanges and trading firms are embracing distributed ledger technology (DLT) and tokenisation, recognising a surge of interest in crypto asset trading from both retail and institutional investors. But many of the venues are replicating silo-based models and missing out on the most important lessons from the digital revolution.
Forward-thinking firms are already positioning themselves for a DLT-fuelled future. But behind the buzzwords, there are lingering questions:
- What benefits will digitalisation bring, both to trading venues and the market participants they serve?
- What are the main obstacles to Exchange 4.0, whether they stem from outdated thinking or misaligned stakeholder incentives?
- And what sort of step-changes can we expect as digitalisation takes off?
Hirander Misra, Partner at Digital Partners Network speaks to a panel of experts at some of the firms pioneering the new world of crypto asset trading to get answers. They offer perspective from virtually every stakeholder group involved in the trend towards digitalisation.
- Anoop Nannra, Global Blockchain Segment Leader at Amazon Web Services
- Charles Kerrigan, Partner at CMS London
- Duncan Trenholme, Co-Head of Digital Assets at TP ICAP
- Jessica Naga, Director Responsible for Legal and Compliance at SECDEX
- Nicholas Philpott, Director at Zodia (a joint venture between Standard Chartered and Northern Trust)